The best way to describe iCarPlayDongle X is that it has all the features of iCarPlayDongle Pro C, plus a lot more!
With iCarPlayDongle X, you can do a number of things. Firstly, it is important to note that this will work only if your existing car has official stock OEM wired-CarPlay capability and is listed in our supported and tested cars list.
If you have one of these cars, then as mentioned earlier, you can do a number of things with it. First and foremost, if your car comes with factory OEM wired-CarPlay, it can convert your car's existing wired-CarPlay setup into Wireless CarPlay without having to change the whole radio or head unit.
It also adds MirrorLink and AirPlay Mirroring functionality, which means you can mirror your iPhone or Android's smartphone display directly on the car's head unit.
Mirroring also means you can play videos from YouTube, Netflix and much more on your car's head unit from your phone using MirrorLink or AirPlay.
Last but not the least, it also adds ability to play media from USB drive.
If your car is not mentioned in our list of supported cars, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you on the compatibility.
- Adds Wireless CarPlay capability to a car which already has a built-in wired-CarPlay on stock radio/head unit without having to opt for a third-party one. To check whether your car model is supported, check our compatibility page here.
- Adds MirrorLink And AirPlay Mirroring functionality so that you can mirror your iPhone or Android's screen to car's head unit.
- Mirroring means you can play videos from YouTube, Netflix and more from your phone using MirrorLink or AirPlay.
- Adds ability to play media from USB drive.
- Also works with third-party wired-CarPlay radio/head units from Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine and more. To check whether your third-party head unit is supported, check our compatibility page here.
- Supports steering while functionality as long as the car's stock radio and wired-CarPlay supports it.
- Supports Hey Siri via car's built-in microphone.
- Supports multi-screen sizes.
- Supports all iPhone models above iPhone 5.
- Supports CarPlay in iOS versions up to the latest iOS 14.
How It Works?:
- Simply connect iCarPlayDongle X into USB port where you usually connect your iPhone for wired-CarPlay.
- Once you do this, you should see all-new interface on your car's display similar to screenshot below.
- And that's about it! Tap to start using your favorite functionality!
What's In The Box?:
- iCarPlayDongle X
- User Manual
- USB cable