With iCarPlayDongle Plus, you can add wireless Apple CarPlay to just about any Android radio/head unit in your car as long as the radio is running Android 4.4.2 or above.
These days many cars come with Android-based head units and if not, many users have opted to get Android-based head units installed in their cars due to their lower prices, versatility, and bigger screens. If you are one of those and want wireless Apple CarPlay, then iCarPlayDongle Plus is for you.
Features, Compatibility & Requirements:
- Car's head unit / radio must be running Android 4.4.2 or later.
- Works with iPhone 5/5c or later.
- Works With iOS 7.1 to iOS 14 or later.
- Supports touch-screen and multi-screen resolutions on the head unit.
- Full wireless Apple CarPlay experience.
- Optionally supports wired-CarPlay too if you prefer to use it over wireless.
- Siri support using built-in mic on the device or car's microphone.
- Supports factory steering wheel controls in the car and ability to modify or configure them.
How It Works:
- Simply connect the iCarPlayDongle Plus to USB port of your car's head unit.
- Once that is done, simply install the accompanying Android app APK file which is included with the purchase on your head unit.
- Pair your iPhone to iCarPlayDongle Plus using Bluetooth and then use WiFi connection to start enjoying Wireless CarPlay right away. Voila! You now have full wired Apple CarPlay or Android Auto running on your car's Android-based head unit.
What's In The Box?:
- iCarPlayDongle Plus x1
- User Manual x1